The AH-Series Hydro-Pneumatic Press, or sometimes referred to as an “air over oil” press, is an alternative solution to conventional hydraulics presses by providing a cleaner, quieter, and more cost effective solution to a wide variety of pressing and forming applications. This unit provides a rapid low force approach stroke with a self-contained hydraulic intensified power stroke all in one complete package.
You can purchase individual intensifier cylinders separately. See our B-Series Intensifying Cylinder for more information.
Applications: Riveting, Crimping, Punching, Swaging, Trimming, Marking or Character Stamping, Assembly, Notching, Joining, Forming, and Fastening.
Hydro-Pneumatic Press Model Comparison
|Force at 100 psi (lbs.)||8,754 lbs.||18,200 lbs.||31,408 lbs.||38,671 lbs.||65,134 lbs.||105,546 lbs.|
|Standard Daylight/ Throat Depth||14.88″ / 6.25″||14.50″ / 6.25″||14.50″ / 8.25″||14.50″ / 8.25″||14.50″ / 8.25″||Consult Factory|
|Approach Force (lbs.) @ 100 psi||829||1177||1963||1963||2827||5026|
|Return Force (lbs.) @ 100 psi||681||942||1649||1649||2337||4320|
|Overall Stroke||6.0″ / 8.0″||6.0″ / 8.0″||6.0″ / 8.0″||6.0″ / 8.0″||6.0″ / 8.0″||6.0″ / 8.0″|
|Maximum Operating Speed||1.5 Ft/sec.||1.5 Ft/sec.||1.5 Ft/sec.||1.5 Ft/sec.||1.5 Ft/sec.||1.5 Ft/sec.|
|Air Consumption Per Cycle||.426 SCFM||1.079 SCFM||1.356 SCFM||1.568 SCFM||2.510 SCFM||4.204 SCFM|
Standard Features & Options
- No Hydraulic Power Unit or Electric Motor Needed
- 6.0” Overall Stroke Cylinder with .500” Hydraulic Intensified Power Stroke
- High Pressure Port for Sensing
- Heavy Duty C-Frame Construction
- Removable Press Platen
- Heavy Duty Designed Tie Rod Cylinder
- Total Air/Oil Separation
- Matching Floor Stands
- Two-Hand Non-Tie Down Control Packages
- Pressure / Dwell / Distance Return Options
- Jog Control Circuit
- Fault Circuit Control Package (E-FI)
- Increased Stroke Lengths
- Press Frame Modifications
- Anti-Rotation Ram Guide
- Cylinders sold separately
- Additional information on Control Packages
Custom Designed Options
- Light Curtains & Guarding Packages
- PLC Control Options
- 4-Post and 2-Post Designs
- Load Cell & Distance Monitoring Packages
- Selectable Modes of Operation
- Control Systems Designed for Future Expansion
- Custom Tooling and Fixture Packages
- Emergency Stop Control Circuit
- 24vDC Control Circuit
- Linear Position Transducer
- Custom Control Packages
Note: Our objective is to offer you a solution to your assembly and forming needs. If our standard features or available options do not meet your application requirements, please consult our factory to see about us offering an affordable solution to meet your design needs.
What custom modifications are best for your press equipment?
This free guide goes through key equipment modifications and which ones are best when you’re looking for optimal performance, efficiency and productivity for your operation.
AH-Series CAD Drawings
3-D CAD Drawings
- Coming soon!
2-D CAD Drawings
- Coming soon!
3-D Viewing Files
*No CAD Software Needed
- Coming soon!