The AP-Series Black and Webster Air Press is a highly accurate air press for assembly operations. These Pneumatic Presses come in a force range of 150 lb. to 1 ton (1900 lb.) and have a rugged cast iron frame. Standard features include a non-rotation ram guide, adjustable stroke, and an angled frame for easy part access, providing a precise and highly repeatable stroke that requires no lubrication.
Applications: Pressing, Riveting, Crimping, Swaging, Staking and Forming of Parts
AP-Series Air Press Information
AP-Series Black & Webster Air Press Model Comparison
|Press Force at 100 PSI||150 lb.||1/4 ton (400 lb.)||2/3 ton (1200 lb.)||1 ton (1900 lb.)|
|Ram Size||1″ Square||1-3/16″ Diameter Keyed||1-3/4″ Diameter Keyed||1-3/4″ Square|
|Adjustable Stroke||0 to 1-3/4″||0 to 2″||0 to 2″||0 to 2″|
|Ram Return||Spring||Spring||Spring||Spring or Air Models Available|
|Ram to Base (Daylight)||4″||5″||6″||6″|
|Ram Tool Hole||0.5625″ x 1-1/2″||0.5625″ x 1-1/2″||0.8125″ x 1-1/2″||0.8125″ x 1-1/2″|
|Machine Weight||22.5 lb.||28 lb.||100 lb.||132 lb.|
*Note: “D” denotes the Air Return Model.
Standard Features & Options
- Positive Stroke Adjustment
- Spring Return or Air Return Units
- Non-Rotating Ram
- Adjustable daylight opening
- Angled Base for Easy Part Access
- Ram Tool Mounting with Set Screw
- Straight Base: As opposed to 45 degree angled base (not available on AP150)
- Riser Blocks: To provide increased daylight opening (ram to base)
- Bolster Plates: Available blank or machined to your specs
- Electric or Pneumatic two-hand non-tie down control packages
- Load Cell Monitoring Package : measure peak force on press cycle
- Tooling: Air-Hydraulics can design tooling to meet your needs
What custom modifications are best for your press equipment?
This free guide goes through key equipment modifications and which ones are best when you’re looking for optimal performance, efficiency and productivity for your operation.
AP-Series CAD Drawings
3-D viewing files do not require CAD software.