SIG-Series Force & Distance Press Monitoring Presses are an excellent choice for today’s continual demand for repeatable manufactured assemblies and final product quality. Process monitoring of press machinery gives the manufacturer the ability to monitor each press cycle from start to finish and adjust the process, press settings or tooling to ensure optimal performance is achieved and maintained.
When process monitoring is merged with an Air Hydraulics press, the result is a press that combines the power of full-hydraulic and the quality assurance found in servo controlled equipment, at a lower price point than either.
Built for quality assurance and efficiency, our SIG-Series presses are cost effective alternatives to both fully hydraulic and servo electric counterparts.
SIG-Series Air-Hydraulic Press Model Comparison
|Tons at 100 psi Air
|Power Ratio (No. x air line psi = Approx. Force)
|Max. Ram Stroke
|Cubic in. of Pressurized Air Per Full Stroke Cycle
|Air Cyl. Port Pipe Size – 4 Way Control Valve
|Return Force @ 100 psi
|Bottom Rod Diameter
Standard Features & Options
- No Hydraulic Power Unit or Electric Motor Needed
- Full Length Hydraulic Controlled Power Stroke
- Compression Load Cell to Monitor Pressing Load
- Linear Position Transducer to Monitor Press Travel Distance
- Fully Integrated Touchscreen Color Monitor Windows Operating System Delivering “Real-Time” Pass/Fail Feedback, Waveforms, Histograms, Trends, and Part History
- Ethernet Compatible for Seamless Integration into your Manufacturing and/or Quality Process
- Ability to Easily Set-Up Application / Pass-Fail Parameters Throughout the Complete Press Cycle -for up to 100 Models
- Matching Floor Stand or One Piece Floor Models
- Increased Stroke Lengths
- Press Frame Modifications
- 2-Post or 4-Post Press Design
- Press Guarding and Light Curtain Packages
- Adjustable Operator Workstation with Machine Arm, Keyboard and Mouse Option
- Additional Monitoring Channels Available
- QualityWorks Data Collection Software
- Custom Tooling and Fixture Packages
How Does Force & Distance Monitoring Work?
With force and distance monitoring, a signature analysis of the press force and stroke is displayed, allowing you to set parameters and monitor critical points along the assembly operation. If all parameters are met, the system acknowledges a “pass” press cycle. If any of the parameters are not met, the system acknowledges a “failed” press cycle.
Graphical output of the press cycle can be analyzed to determine specific areas where the process is off, allowing operators to correct process, machine or alignment issues until each press cycle is performing optimally. Ensuring optimal performance of each press cycle leads to less waste and greater overall efficiency of your operation.
For more information, take a look at 5 Ways Force and Distance Monitoring Presses Improve Production
Each SIG-Series press package comes complete with an internal hard drive and Ethernet capability to track and record data on the complete manufacturing or assembly process for your operation. Constant analysis of your operation ensures your production is operating as efficiently as possible and that your end products meet or exceed your customer’s quality standards and requirements.
Other Monitoring Options
Force & Distance for Different Presses
Force and distance monitoring does not work exclusively with our SIG-series presses. If you are looking for a press with different capabilities but still want the benefit of force and distance monitoring, we can work with you to implement monitoring for the press that fits your exact needs.
If you’re looking to simply monitor whether the required force is achieved for each press cycle, we also offer stand-alone force monitoring to use with new or existing press equipment. This force monitor does not require integration with your press control system and is easy to install. For more information on simple force monitoring, contact us and we would be happy to make a recommendation.